I know this is seemingly unrelated to my core topics of storms, pet anxieties and music… But, I fell pray to the awesomeness that is Pinterest and really wanted to share some finds. I wouldn’t have made these if I hadn’t been searching for materials to write my next posts on MPet3. So, in a way it is all related. Also, what better way to distract a scared pet than with some new toys?
Vadim is pretty great at destroying whatever new toy I get him in record times. By now he will have probably demolished any Christmas present I may have gotten him. I was therefore always faced with two choices: spend a fortune on dog toys or abandon the idea of toys for extended periods of time. Now, I discovered I had a third way out: DIY pet toys! Pinterest is full of quick, neat and easy tutorials for all sorts of animal play needs. Here’s a few of my favourites:
- The No-Sew Denim Dog Toy – perfect if like me, you have numerous old pairs of jeans lying around
- Simple Toy from Fabric Scraps – involves sewing, but pretty basic
- 10 DIY Toys for Pennies – includes ingenious classics such as “The Rope Ball” or “The Snack Sock”
And for my cat-owning readers:
- Catnip on a Stick – so cute and colourful!
- Catnip Stuffed Birds – require some effort, but the result is gorgeous